Become an intern
Help teachers in French/English bilingual classes
If you wish to discover an new way of teaching in French and English, develop skills in pedagogy and being part of a dynamic team, this internship is made for you.
We are looking for interns in Auckland, Wellington et Christchurch for 1 to 2 terms (10 weeks per term).
Frenz is the organism recruting for the 4 primary schools et 1 intermediate school offering bilingual education:
Primary schools (kids from 5 to 11 years old):
Birkdale North School, Auckland Nord
Richmond Road School, Auckland Centre
Burnside Primary, Christchurch
Ridgway School, Wellington
Intermediate school (kids from 11 to 13 years old):
Kowhai Intermediate, Auckland Centre
*Internship are unpaid; possibility to be hosted as an au pair.
- Leading and support for pedagogical and linguistic activities (New Zealand cursus);
- Individual support work in writing, reading and mathematics;
- Supervision of class activities in small groups;
- Classification and storage of educational resources;
- Creation of resources;
- Translation work and writing of informative texts;
- Assistance during sporting activities, outings and assemblies;
- Search for educational information and resources on the internet;
- Maintaining the class blog and publishing student work (if internship at L'Archipel);
- Participation and organization of fundraising projects;
- Support for the activities of the Frenz School Inc., parents association and the school;
J’ai vraiment adoré travailler dans des classes si belles dans lesquelles règne une atmosphère agréable et une bonne ambiance de travail. Ce stage restera l’une des plus belles expériences d’enseignement de ma vie.
Given my curriculum, I am not destined for teaching. However, I chose this school in order to have a complete immersion in New Zealand culture, to discover the political issues linked to bilingualism and also to flourish in this incredible environment. Thanks to this internship, I was able to learn a little Te Reo Maori, to play the guitar with Matua Tu, the guardian, to do the haka or even to do a perfect Jump Jam.
I met extraordinary people, both among the teachers and among the other trainees, and especially the children! La Ruma 1 brought me 26 little brothers and sisters over 5 months, full of energy, talkative, sporty and above all adorable.
Who are our internships for and how to apply
Organized, proactive, efficient, enthusiastic person with the desire to help and share personal knowledge (e.g. music, art, dance, sport...).
French as native language or B2 level;
Good level of English
How to apply
Send cover letter, CV in French and
your extract from your criminal record to email@example.com.
Please indicate your dates of availability, French or bilingual internship, as well as your school preference, if applicable.